Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"i wont rest my pretty head till I'm dead'

I've worked myself into a week long cold/fever. Today is the first day I've actually woken up and not felt like I was going to fall over. Being sick for so long has resulted in me losing a fair amount of weight, which I guess is a good thing. Winter makes me numb and dulls my cravings for everything. The past two days have consisted of overworking myself to get everything done before break, really good conversations on post-modernism and a lengthy Shakespeare paper on questioning the morality and motives of politicos. I'm actually pretty proud of the work I've been doing.
When I design a piece of clothing I'm really inspired by history, politics, religion, art and the people around me. I don't necessarily spend my day with my nose in a fashion magazine (okay, maybe french fashion magazines), but I don't really draw inspiration from that type of media. To me, designing is my release and my eclectic nature. I get to bring everything together and let everything go all at once. I love the complete feeling of putting a piece together and I hate the empty feeling you get when its all done.
There is going to be another editorial shoot for my post-winter line the first week of January in Los Angeles. There is a lot to do for that. Its going to be nothing like the first because after all, I've become another diff rent person. Its almost as if each collection is a celebration of a new self. In any case, the dresses are going to be steeped in deep romanticism and nostalgic nature. It will be like nothing you've ever seen before.

All life is an experiment.

No comments: