Monday, December 1, 2008

"fear defeats more people than any single thing in the world"

I've been working very hard to create my next line. Recently, I've been inspired by so much., Everything from Camilo Egas to Luella and her pagan-inspired winter collection. I've decided to come up with five iconic looks, I will be making everything from hair pieces, to jackets, to dresses, to necklaces, to ankle bracelets. I've really got a lot to do but I'm so excited. February is when I turn in an updated portfolio and know for certain if I have a scholarship to Parsons and Columbia. Tomorrow, I'm hoping to complete my black and cream romantic dress and figure how to adjust the neckline on a jacket.
This weekend was soooooo good, even though I probley should have gotten a bit more work done. But, in a way I've come to realize that if you spend your whole life trying to be an adult, a sucessful adult, then you'll be sick of working by the time your old enough to drink. Even since I joined a professional dance company I've always been with this panicy need to do somthing, acheive somthing, help someone. I guess its a blessing and a burden. You'll never find me sitting on my ass, sleeping, playing video games or relaxing. I'm always working and if I don't seem to want to do any work of my own I find someone else to help. In any case, It was fresh to have a little break from all that this weekend.
I sold merch for my friends band, and now I will be their full time merch girl which is awsome. I had an insane weekend filled with late nights, music and kickbacks. Certainly, enjoyed myself.

No comments: