Monday, November 10, 2008

sleepy tigers

So today I was sitting in the bathtub, lights dim and my favortie indie tracks on repeat. I'm relaxing in a bubble bath, sketching book nearby and I begin to mess around with paints and colors. My mother opens the double doors and glaces over to the foggy mirror while saying, "You know, art is just a way to escape responsibility, its not real". I replied, "And your harvard law degree is just a piece of paper that makes you feel better about youself". She scoffed as she slammed the door. My father bought me a card today and one of my old favortie movies. He complimented my sketches and kissed me on the cheek. They both view life so very diffrently, I find it crazy that they have kept a relationship for so long. In any case, I've got one kiss on the cheek and a bag full of insults. What to do with it all, what to do...


No comments: