Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"come child, in a cross bones style"



Chicago was fantastic. Columbia College of the arts was like a dream land, I really adored it. First, I met with the head proffs of the fashion retail dept on the 7th floor of a beautiful vintage building in the middle of the city. They were really kind and I got to see the study collection of clothing that was simply to die for it. Its a collection of clothing from every single era. The classrooms are beautiful, walls sided with glass windows so you don't even feel like your in a room. Later, I went over to the fashion design dept and met with the head proff. He was one of those "Italian vouge" men and he said I was a "living doll". He looked at some of my recent work and is going to give me a scholarship once I show an updated portfolio in feb. Sadly, I don't really want to live in Chicago all that much but this school and the scholarship are awfully hard to turn down.

On the days when I wasn't making nice with the professors, I layed in bed looking out at the view, rolling around in white sheets, and brushing my hair while seated in an old fashioned vanity. I've become a dreamer, a really nostalgic dreamer.

No comments: