Thursday, December 25, 2008

im breaking my back but its alright



I've finally finished all my orders for the cross bones collection. I've actually been sowing/working everyday just to keep up. The success of the collection has been mind blowing. its only three simple pieces but they've sold very well. As well as working on all the orders that I've been receiving I've designed my new collection. It was inspired by the parsons' challenge and the question.. "what have you overlooked?"... crazy how one question can get me to a million more questions and a few good designs. The next collection will feature far more detailed dresses and Andy Warhol-esque hand stitched graphics. My mind has been going wild over a few last minute details etc before a shoot of the dresses this week. I really want to get these dresses up and available so that I can possibly start working on my 12 piece collection for the fashion show. Its going to be a number of vintage inspired shorts, vests, loose tees and of course a few baby doll dresses. The January shoot in Los Angeles is going to be rescheduled for February because I have a photo shoot and a couple other things to do out in LA that month. And now I understand why my father wouldn't let me go to LA for new years. My Christmas gift is a few lessons with one of the woman that work with Betsy Johnson. I'm so so stoked beyond belief. I couldn't ask for anything more. So the first week of January I will get to be at Betsy Johnson headquarters with some kick ass designers, hopefully learning more than I can process.

1 comment:

Pennerad said...

that's awesome! congrats! enjoy!